• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Niantic will take actions against cheaters soon - check here whether you are flagged!

Discussion in 'Pokefarmer Forum' started by Nociceptor, Aug 3, 2016.

1. experiencebelow

experiencebelow New Member

That's exactly what I mean about doing something dumb. What many did there was obvious cheating, hence the ban.

If you aren't hoping around the globe or travelling faster that a human physically can then I don't see many getting banned for just using the bot to travel around your own city/town at a reasonable pace.

2. VonSnabelDrake

VonSnabelDrake New Member

So much speculations + a shit site that does the same.....

When it says banned in an official E-mail or when i start Pokemon then i will care.... NOT.

3. Al3xwh1t3

Al3xwh1t3 New Member

They could throw squirrels at you...

4. FireFreak

FireFreak Member

How should it not be safe? It gathers data from the Pokémon Go API and connects via a Google Authentication Key. Maybe you have some NSA insight on account stealing, but to me this looks like a normal website gathering data and showing it to you in a beautiful manner.

Yes, you could have spoofed this site, so? You would have no way to log into any of the accounts shown on the site.

5. Doddy1989

Doddy1989 Member

Niantic Shutting down bots

Source: ComicBook

If you've ever seen a Level 37 player holding a suburban gym with his 3200 CP Dragonite, chances are you've encountered a player who used a bot to cheat the Pokemon Go system and jump ahead of other players. For weeks, Pokemon Go has been plagued with players who leveled up using bot programs, a program that spoofs a player's GPS and automates controls to let them level up quickly.

When coupled with an app like PokeVision, players using bots can travel around the world snagging rare Pokemon or lurking at nests without ever actually leaving home. In order to "earn" PokeCoins, some bot users will take over gyms in remote areas, putting legitimate players at a big disadvantage. The first player to reach Level 40 admitted he used a bot program to hit the game's max level and many players were complaining how bots were ruining Pokemon Go for everyone else.

When Niantic Labs shut down some third party tracking apps over the weekend, many players were upset that they were going after "helpful" programs instead of focusing on the bot issue. But now, it seems that Niantic has found a way to lock out all bots out of the Pokemon Go servers.

It's unclear exactly what Niantic did, but it appears that all bot and tracking programs have been shut out of Pokemon Go's servers. Niantic forced all Apple users to update their app earlier today, and it's possible that the company has figured out which users are using a legitimate version of the game and which users are using a modified or hacked version. This hasn't stopped cheating entirely, as players can still manually spoof their GPS, but it's still a big step in curbing the rampant cheating going on in the game.

Although some Pokemon Go users will be frustrated that Niantic shut down all third party trackers, most players recognized that bots were becoming a major problem in the community. With some players already selling off their accounts for money and trading expected soon, Niantic needed to act now to stop cheaters before they undermined the integrity of the game. However, it's too early to tell whether Niantic has found a way to permanently shut Pokemon Go bots down, or if this is just a short term solution.

this is for peoples information

6. PGOWinter

PGOWinter New Member

Is the bot down right now? Im having issues with "idle" and I tried to change location bunch of times.
      If so, is there a page where I can see the status of the bots?

7. Scruptic

Scruptic New Member

8. AnonymousNNki

AnonymousNNki New Member

cool story bro tell me more about it.

9. Dosenbeer

Dosenbeer New Member

i am pretty sure the API will be hacked soon. then niantic starts to change the API again, and a few days later the API will be hacked again... it is just impossible to stop the hackers

10. Doddy1989

Doddy1989 Member

i posted this because ppl was blaming pokefarmer and its not just pokefarmer that is down thats all

11. Tager

Tager New Member

Bots have persisted all throughout the years. Take HonorBuddy / Demonbuddy as examples.

Niantic is doing the right thing, that instead of banning individual players, they go after the source - changing the way their API works so it becomes more difficult to decrypt and thereby making the process to interact with the app less autonomous. But the Bossland team has always found the appropriate responses to these patches.

Eventually the cost to keep up with security measures just outweighs the benefits. Honestly nobody wants to maintain such financial burden which seemingly brings 0 returning value, unless data integrity and confidentiality is involved. Pokemon go certainly does not belong in that category.

12. tjmax

tjmax Member

Doesn't matter they will not read this, they will just post.

13. Toyer

Toyer Member

There is already a radar app from hackers on the app store that has the new API. it is called go radar. It is made by the same guys that make poke go ++ for jail broken devices. The developers should work with these guys and come up with the fix.

14. xMasterPandax

xMasterPandax New Member

You have to realize one thing though. PokemonGO/Niantic is not a large Game/Company. They can focus all their attention on stopping hackers. It is easy for them to change how the responses work in the API every few days, thus making the window to bot, quite small.

15. jewcie101

jewcie101 New Member

tbh would rather see some big poki's then a 300 eevee 1 shotting every gym

16. Toyer

Toyer Member

I do not know enough about how things work. Just saying that the poke go ++ guys have been 1 step ahead of niantic everytime.

17. sktlez

sktlez New Member

True, and we've seen it before with a game called MapleStory, but if Pokemon Go decides to follow that trend it will be exactly where MapleStory is... Dead.

18. veany

veany Member

From another forum "my guess is probably later on this evening, tonight, or tomorrow morning. They already deciphered the new api and stuff but they still have some work to do"
      Talking about another bot and probably the same for pokefarmer. Its a matter of time. Be patient.

19. Tager

Tager New Member

It is particularly because of their small team size that they will have limited resources dedicate to combat bots. Every time they have to come up with new design, new protocols, new APIs - these things take time, resources, and most importantly $$.

You have to remember their team is not only responsible for anti-botting. You have to factor in resources for implementing new features that supposedly allow the game to grow. I think we can all agree that as of now, Pokemon go's end game is quite lacking to say the least.

The only real advantage in a small team is that they can push through changes quickly once they have consent on them - less bureaucracy and politics to deal with vs larger companies.

20. shane1661

shane1661 Banned

nice man thanks for the info if you catch anything els please let us know.