• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [PB] BoNiggy's 1-480 Inscription Blackfallow Ink Leveling

Discussion in 'ProfessionBuddy Profiles' started by boniggy, Jun 8, 2012.

1. boniggy

boniggy New Member

Here it is everyone, 1-480 Inscription using ONLY Blackfallow Inks. You may be asking WhyTF did he stop at 480?! The reason is because after 475 it tends to get VERY expensive and I personally didnt want my bot to go gung-oh on the purchasing of possibly expensive items on the AH. Besides damn near everything at that level is either +3's or +5s so leveling up to 525 shouldn't take any time at all. After running this profile on two different toons I manually leveled from 480-525 and it cost be roughly 1500g. So its not too terribly expensive to get there. That was also making blues with +3's and +5's for each one which was able to resell for a few hundred a piece.

This is my first profile that im making public and yes i did level my toons (yes 2) with it so it "should" work very well and 99% AFKable except for 385-401 (explained below).

Here are the details of this profile:
      • Updated to Version 1.2 - 6/10/12
      • Get to Dal and train level 1 Inscription.
      • Blackfallow Inks: roughly 600. purchased from the AH. Unless you have a friend/guildy that can mill some cata herbs for you into BF Inks.
      • Faction: Both
      • 2ndary Bot: Combat Bot. Should automatically switch.
      • 385-400: The bot does Northrend Inscription Research to learn some glyphs. You will learn 3 random glyphs that will give you +3. Make a few of these and get to 401 then start the bot again.
      • 425-450: The toon checks for 100 Cinderbloom or Stormvine in their bags.. if none they run to the AH, buys 5 stacks of Cinderbloom or Stormvine @ a 50g/stack cap and makes more BF Ink to get to 450.
        I would HIGHLY suggest you put 5 stacks of Cinder or Stormvine on your toon before 425.

I am Alliance, BUT this should work just fine with you hordies out there... so any feedback on that would be great.

Hope you guys like this.... and kick me some love if you find it helpful.

OLD UPDATE: Ive pulled the profile for now but will reupload version 1.2 once ive had a chance to put some additional checks in it and possibly level up another toon with it just to be totally sure its AFKable.
      UPDATE 3: I have now successfully ran a second toon thru this profile fixing bugs and loop errors. Everything on this should be 100% AFKable except for 385-400.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
      Sippinhaterade likes this.
    2. zeldrak

zeldrak Well-Known Member

Ok, so I was planning on using this, but I'm not sure where you get the blackfallow ink from. I see it's taught at skill level 425, and none of the vendors I went to sell it, so do I find it on the AH? I've got Inscription at 1, and that's as far as I got because I couldn't find the ink you were talking about.

Edit: If the only place to get Blackfallow Ink is on the AH then I'm screwed. There was only 50 on the AH, and I need ~500 inks, give or take, according to your post. There's gotta be another place to get ink hopefully.

Edit 2: OK, I'm gonna need a little bit more information on this ProfessionBuddy profile. I've got it loaded up, PB is selected in HB, but what do I set the secondary bot base to? It's default set to InstanceBuddy, but I'm sure that's not right. Aside from just "Set HB to PB, load the profile, then hit start" is there any other instruction for this? Any other settings? I'm just going to go off the 50 inks I got from the AH until I can find out how to get more.

Edit 3: Getting a compile error when trying to use this with PB. PB works fine because I used one of the mining profiles that comes default with it. Log attached. It starts at [6:40:04 PM:264].

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
    3. boniggy

boniggy New Member

Hmm ok..well i DID edit my post up there to show you had to get them from either the AH or some other Scribe that can mill some cata herbs and make you the inks. Thats the cheapest way to do it especially if you are already botting for herbs like i was.

As for the secondary bot base.. it should automatically set to combat bot. So ill look into that. If not just set it to that and try it. I see it tried to load the Quest Bot and without a questing profile loaded it was just crapping out.

Thanks for the reply and testing on it. ill update the link if it needs changing.

4. boniggy

boniggy New Member

ok im an idiot.. i uploaded the wrong one. Sorry gimme 5mins and ill have the new one up.

EDIT:
      OK its up and should be working. Not sure how i managed to get a REALLY old copy of the same profile since i was saving over the top of it.. but meh, its good to go now.

5. zeldrak

No worries, lol. Things like that happen. Just glad you're not one of those rage type authors that freak when someone doesn't have instant success on the first go. XD

6. boniggy

boniggy New Member

hehe insert FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.jpg :)

7. zeldrak

Running now and it's working very, very nicely. It had one minor hiccup, and that was right after the first training it does, it kept buying scrolls, so I stopped the bot, and then started it again and it's been going fine ever since. almost to 200 now. BF Ink is selling in the AH at 20g for a stack of 5. Don't know how good that is, but that's the cheapest I can find it. EVen my guildies won't do it any cheaper, so I've spent a little over 1k so far on BF Ink. ~1400g on BF Ink, to be exact. I noticed it got hung in a loop around 162. It kept trying to buy Jadefire Ink. Working smoothly after I did 3 glyphs to get it to 165.

8. boniggy

boniggy New Member

hmm ok.. its a little weird since it does the +3 everytime. So i have to continue to compensate for it leveling up at +3 then a few scrolls here and there. I'll check the level 162 area and see whats up. I'll also check the 1st training section as well when buying scrolls.

Imo.. it works great there in Dal since the 3 main people you need to talk to are within 5yrds of eachother.

BTW.. are you horde or ally?

thanks again.. glad its working with minor hiccups.

9. zeldrak

I'm in Dalaran, and I'm alliance as well. I had to stop at 242 since I ran out of Blackfallow Ink, and no one's posted anymore on the AH either, so, I'll have to wait. I think it spent more of my BF Ink on Jadefire than it should have. And, I think that happened when it was stuck in that loop. I ended up having almost 40 Jadefire Ink left over, and about 80 Light parchment as well. It's still doing pretty well though. I just need to wait until someone posts more BF Ink.

10. boniggy

boniggy New Member

yeah thats the ONLY crux of the leveling profile. you NEED to have the BF inks in order for it to work. If you have all the inks you can level the prof REALLY fast. Good thing is that you can make glyphs with the jadefires.. so not a totaly waste.. still sucks tho for the leveling process.

11. zeldrak

I just used them until everything turned grey. That's when I had the left over ones I mentioned lol. It got stuck in that loop and spent a lot of my BF Inks on way too many Jadefires. I caught it, but if I hadn't, it would have spent all my BF Ink on Jadefire.

12. dbrous

dbrous New Member

had over 800 blackfallows in mail, loaded profile, went afk to grab a smoke and take a shit
      bot spent it all on midnight ink once it got to skill lvl 90
      looked at the PB profile afterwards, which was something i should have done beforehand
      pretty obvious why

this profile isn't fully working please don't state it is...
      If the profile writer can put some kind of warning in the initial post until the issues are fixed then people won't be wasting their time/gold

missing buy parchments commands everywhere
      no item quantity check immediately after 90 so without parchment it will keep iterating the commands in the 90 < skill lvl < whatever next skill lvl
      as in buy more inks when you have what you need already

vanishing powder x722 is that a typo? bc there's a few things that look a bit strange in terms of # of repeat

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
    13. boniggy

boniggy New Member

well damnit sorry dbrous. I leveled up my guy with this profile and didnt have that issue. Sorry to hear you blew a ton of BF's a bad loop. I'm going to pull the profile until i put a few more checks in it to take care of issues like you had. Sorry bro.. if you were on Silver Hand id reimburse you for the gold spent on the BF's.

DBROUS: can you tell me where you saw the x722 Vanishing powders? i went back to the profile but couldnt find it anywhere. thanks

14. zeldrak

Those were the kind of loops I was talking about too, lol. It's ok though. I suppose I can understand the feelings that dbrous has, but as for me, I wasn't irked or anything. I know profiles have to have the bugs worked out, so I wasn't expecting a completely perfect profile. I sat and watched it for the most part, and tried to catch it at loops. I don't know how to code or make profiles, so looking at it wouldn't have been helpful for me. Glad dbrous was able to find and let you know what was missing. Hope you get it fixed and working as closely to 100% as possible. It got me to over 240, but I ran out of BF Ink, and there wasn't anymore on the AH, so I had to stop. I took up herbalism and am leveling that right now with PB. I'm almost to 400 in just a couple of hours.

15. boniggy

boniggy New Member

Zel yours was helpful too... you said you stopped and started it again and it picked back up and got going again.. so i was thinkin of a different issue... as for the lack of having parchments thats something else in the profile. Sorry if i misunderstood what you were saying at first.

I have edited and fixed the looping issue of not having it check for inks before it buys more. I had added that later in the profile but left it out in the earlier part; so i just had to add it.

I'll hopefully get a chance to get the updated version posted here once i get a chance to go thru it again.. like i said, i may just level a diff toon in insc just to make sure this profile actually works all the way thru.

16. zeldrak

No, you were right the first time around, and then when I read the other poster's post, I remembered that that same thing happened to me as well, so all in all you fixed two issues I was having. I do look forward to the next release coming out. Can't wait to get back to inscription. Before, when I was doing that profession manually, I never made it past 150. I just got tired of it. So, now I have hope!

17. Hatoiz

Hatoiz New Member

There is no download link?

18. zeldrak

Did you bother to read the first post? He took it down so that he could go through the profile and make sure it works properly.

19. boniggy

boniggy New Member

I've posted a new and updated version 1.2 of this profile to the forums. Go ahead and test it out and let me know any issues you run into. Make sure to tell me what level you are when you are reporting.

Thanks & Enjoy!

20. zeldrak

I'd love to test it for ya, but I'm now at 505 inscription. I made back that money really quick by finishing the quest lines in Twilight Highlands using Kick's TH questing profile, lol. Went from 300g to 1800g just from that, so really, please don't worry about any of the gold this profile used. It did great. :)

Oh, can you tell me what stuff you made to go from 480 to 525? I'm sort of stuck at 505 right now, lol.