• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Plugin] Companion Gift Giver 2.0

Discussion in 'Buddy Wing Plugins' started by wired203, Mar 6, 2016.

1. wired203

wired203 Community Developer

First off thanks to Lonestr for starting this, there were just a few things I felt it needed.

Features:
      GUI
      Customizable Quickslot
      Give an exact number of gifts
      Estimated time to completion
      Resume Function - only available in same session.

First and foremost you will have to press start on the bot and then disable/re-enable the plugin. The OnStart() didn't seem to execute as I would have thought to kick open the form.

Once the plugin is running it will open a window, you can configure the quick slot that your gifts are residing in eg 1 or 2 etc.

One of my biggest issues I had was there wasn't any kind of a stop, if you walked away it would press 1 forever. We now can input the number of gifts we want from 4-40000 etc as long as it's all the same one in the same slot. If you need to stop the program for a minute you can press the Stop button. The plugin will update the number of gifts you had remaining in the Gifts to Give box automatically for you.

Once the bot reaches the last gift it will stop giving them automatically.

I incorporated a time estimation, it basically calculates the number of gifts x 4 seconds (built in wait time) and then outputs an estimated time remaining. How long will those 4k gifts take to give? Well now you will know.

I almost think the form would be best within the config window instead of it's own custom form. If anyone can lead me to some good small examples I would appreciate it.

Also if anyone knows how to get the form to only pop when the bot is started I would appreciate it.

Please feel free to leave feedback etc.

Thanks,
      Wired

First Update - Program was CPU wastefull so I created a separate thread with sleep.

View attachment Companion Gifter.zip

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    2. lonestr

lonestr New Member

This is fantastic, thank you wired for taking the next step. This is very nice enhancement! Great job :)

3. lonestr

lonestr New Member

hey wired, im was look to see if the wait time could be adjusted for toons that have the legacy of promptness perk? This perk reduces the time it takes to give a companion a gift by 20%, this can be purchased for 3 tiers (max 60% time reduction). I was looking through the code, but could not decipher the wait time logic. Let me know if this is an easy fix or not :) thanks for the help

4. wired203

wired203 Community Developer

Yeah I can see how that wouldn't be clear. if you weren't looking to modify the estimated time etc and just wanted to increase cast you would modify it here.

Code:
                         for (int j = 16; j > 0; j--)
                           if (gifting)
                           {
                              Thread.Sleep(250);
                           }

4 second timer and to allow the tread to still be stoppable etc I basically create a integer of 16 and run through it with a .250ms sleep time on it. 16x250=4000 or 4 seconds. Either adjust the sleep lower or lower the integer. This allowed the script stop button to activate instantly since it checks for any changes 4x times a second.

Estimated time is

Code:
                          esttime = giftcount * 4;
      which is 4 seconds that I had set as the default timer.

5. lonestr

lonestr New Member

Thanks wired for the description, that helps a ton :)

6. Kabeewm

Kabeewm Member

Bit of a bump maybe but as I use this plugin its just fair enough to give you a thanks.
      So thanks for this simple yet very usefull plugin!

Cheers // Kabeewm.