• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Plugin] GatherSafe

Discussion in 'Monitoring' started by Saik, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Saik

Saik Community Developer

Removed

Removed

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
      zorked likes this.
    2. Saik

Saik Community Developer

My apologies about letting the old thread expire. My development PC had its power supply go bad, and I've been too busy to replace it.

The SVN, and zip are the same version and were updated to be working again with the recent HB update.

3. User0828

User0828 New Member

Welcome back, Saik! Love your plugin, and I know for a fact a lot of others do too! I cant' wait until you start working on that to do list! Some exciting features you have planned!! :cool:

4. bommijn

bommijn New Member

thank you, this is a very good plugin !!!

5. Aetheric

Aetheric Member

Welcome back ! and keep that PC running now :p
      This Plugin should be one of the essentials of HB ..

Thanks man :D

6. Aetheric

Aetheric Member

My bot is running like clockwork .. again, many thanks for this plugin :)

Question : I don't know whether it would be too much of a constraint to the performance or whether it's possible at all, but would it be possible to implement an override mechanism for nodes I absolutely want?

All this avoidance is brilliant, but for nodes like Trillium and Golden Lotus, I find it worth fighting for, if necessary :)
      So perhaps you could add a list of known nodes (similar to what you see in Gatherbuddy), which can be ticked, to override the standard behavior?

Keep up the good work.. I'm convinced this plugin will be one of the most popular ones for gathering.

7. Saik

Saik Community Developer

Good point. I was thinking of implementing something like this, but I haven't really found it worth my time yet. I know it is a bit disheartening watching my toon fly through dread wastes and townlong skipping about every other trillium or kyparite because there is usually one mob nearby a lot of the good nodes.

8. Saik

Saik Community Developer

Update: Added NPH Pacing to the SVN version of the plugin for feedback testing.

NPH Pacing, allows you to set the max number of nodes per hour (NPH) you want your character getting. I have seen a lot of speculation about autobans for people who gather too much too quickly, so I thought it would be a good addition. I have always adjusted my plugin settings so that I was picky enough that I didn't gather too many nodes (IMO), but if you are on at low traffic times it might be beneficial to prevent you from doing "too much".

The way this works is like the other parts of the plugin. It has it's own tab. Check the checkbox to enable it, then select your NPH Limit. I think the default is 100 right now, but I found around 150 to be a bit more practical for my settings while testing as it didn't slow me down too often on my already tight settings.

Edit: I just wanted to add, when you do start to outpace your NPH limit, you will get a message in the log, and your character will continue to fly around. The bot will just keep blacklisting nodes until a time when your pace drops under the limit you set.

9. Saik

Saik Community Developer

Planned updates this week:
      -NPH Pacing (implemented)
      -Update default settings to what I find effective
      -Perhaps a small form to track NPH Pace data
      -Stuck D/C feature. DC after 10 (or customizable) "We got stuck!!" messages since last gather.

Next week:
      Likely nothing.

Beyond that:
      Adding a second level of node blacklisting rules for "nodes worth fighting for"

10. qztr

qztr Active Member

I love this plugin.
      But I got a tiny issue regarding the "followed you" settings.

I currently have my "x followed you for x seconds" set to 12. So if someone follows me for 12 seconds, I'll DC.
      The issue is when my toon is flying to a mailbox, and there's people nearby.

I'm on a full server with my bot toons, and when the bot is using the Halfhill mailbox, it'll get DC'd because there's people nearby.

Would it be possible to make it that if the toon so flying to a mailbox, that the follow-funtion will be temporarily disabled?
      After the mail is sent, keep it disabled for 20 seconds, or something.

Thanks for creating this awesome plugin!

11. Saik

Saik Community Developer

Might be able to add an option to disable all player tracking (follow/target) if you are within range of a mailbox. Nice idea.

12. Saik

Saik Community Developer

So, just pushed a pretty good update with a few features I have really wanted.

I fine tuned the NPH pacing, and you can watch your pace on the plugin settings form, under extras tab. It is constantly being updated, and should help you find a good spot for your pace if you want to limit yourself that way.

Also, the stuck detection is probably my favorite. If you keep getting the "We got stuck!!" message in your log, and you've been there for several minutes or longer just looking retarded this option will give you the ability to be DC if you have been stuck too many times since your last node harvest.

I also fine tuned the default settings, they match what I prefer.

Enjoy, the SVN, and Zip file are matching now.

13. qztr

qztr Active Member

I'd love to see it implented!
      Got another suggestion for you though.

If my toon haven't moved x yards (stuck behind a rock, in a tree, whatever) use HS, temporarily disable the following-you-function (same as mailbox) then get back to whatever the profile is doing.

I woke up both today and yesterday to face a "You have been disconnected from the server." error, due to being stuck behind a rock.
      I don't really want to use yet another plugin to make the bot HS when it's stuck, I'd love to see it built-in inside of GatherSafe.

Thank you. :)

14. Saik

Saik Community Developer

I have worked on detecting when you don't leave an area within a certain amount of time, but it gets complicated when you consider that players could be in one spot fighting a mob, or gathering 2 nodes really close together.

The work around I was going to consider for this was to check to see how long it has been since you last harvested a node. Let the user set a limit, if they haven't gathered anything in let's say 5 minutes, DC/stopbot/hearth or whatever.

15. qztr

qztr Active Member

Could work as well. :)

16. godelf

godelf New Member

hey guys kinda new around here. is it just me or the donwload link for the zip link doesnt work?

17. dougwayne

dougwayne New Member

The SVN works fine, but the zip gives me this error "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

18. Saik

Saik Community Developer

Re-uploaded screenshots and zip file. Added them back into the post.

19. contagion

contagion New Member

First, I want to thank Sail for this awesome plugin.
      I wouldn't use GB2 without it.

I just wanted to know...what is the maximum range of player detection you can use?

I usually have GSafe set to 150....but I've watched the bot swoop down to a node and I'm SURE there's been players closer than 150 to me (actually within charge range when i landed). I think we were both headed to the same node from opposite directions....

I'm not interested in maximizing my NPH....Id rather go undetected and avoid everyone.

20. tehuser

tehuser Member

Thanks. Ill try it and get back to ya