• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Plugin - Prof] Ringo Profession Trainer

Discussion in 'Archives' started by pbettell, Oct 2, 2010.

1. pbettell

pbettell Member

It could be that I haven't updated it for Cata level Herbing/Mining yet - it's on the way, just lot's of work needs to be done. I'd recommend waiting until I get the new version out (I'll be testing it from 0 - 525 for mining and herbing with horde toons).

2. theatristformallyknownasG

theatristformallyknownasG Active Member

Ok, thanks for the quick reply.

G

3. pbettell

pbettell Member

I need some help from the community.

I don't play alliance, so I don't have any alliance toons of high level. What I need is someone with a 80+ alliance toon, who's willing to spend a few hours of their time (it took me about 2 and a half hours for the horde side of it), to run around the world, with a plugin running, and collect data on trainers for me.

If you think you'd like to help, PM me - I'm in West Australia, so I'm GMT +8 time, and like most people I sleep, so I'll get back to you when I'm awake.

Thanks in advance to whoever can help.

4. qlithe

qlithe New Member

please update this for cata!

5. pbettell

pbettell Member

I no longer need someone who can go for an Alliance run for me.

Thanks to bigbangbaby, who kindly offered to help.

zeldrak likes this.
    6. fixfax

fixfax New Member

Hi pbettell,
      Thanks for a great plugin!
      Any ETA on the update?

7. Ratz241

Ratz241 Member

Yeah can we have an ETA dude?

8. pbettell

pbettell Member

Much as I hate to say something that's going to piss everyone off, the best I can do for now is "Soon."

I do this in my spare time, and if I don't feel like it after a day at work, then nothing gets done (at the moment, I don't feel like it very often, I'm a bit busy at work). Progress is being made, but I'm not going to release it until I'm happy with it, and I've run a toon the whole way from 1-525 (well, at least trained as an illustrious grand master) in skinning, herbalism, and mining using this plugin to train. That way, it should reduce the ammount of time I have to spend fixing it from shaky bug reports on this forum.

I would also ask that if you have any ideas for features that are related to HERBALISM, MINING, or SKINNING ONLY, that you let me know in the thread, please do not send me PM's.

When I start testing the plugin, I'll let eveyone know here, but until then, you'll just have to be patient, sorry.

9. pbettell

pbettell Member

Okay, bit of an update, I have been quite busy over the last couple of weeks, so not much progress has been made. I'm happy with my new system for getting to (and from) the trainer, however I added a couple of requirements for the database I have built, resulting in some manual work needing to be done. So unfortunately the ETA is still "Soon", but it's more soon than in the last post.

10. Kopped

Kopped New Member

I was wondering if your plugin would HS to Org and train when skills are maxed (Herb, Mine, Arch) and if it can't for some reason then can it beep?

11. pbettell

pbettell Member

No - I don't see the point of this, it severly restricts the plugin, as it requires the player to have HS set in an appropriate location, otherwise it could in fact increase the length of the train run if someone makes a mistake. As for the beep, just no.

12. pbettell

pbettell Member

From this thread http://www.thebuddyforum.com/releases/19401-gatherbuddy-2-third-test-9.html

As a result of this, I have decided to discontinue development of this plugin, as it appears it will become largely redundant in the future. If anyone wishes to continue development, feel free, however I require that you aknowledge that whatever you do is based on my work, and that you start a new thread for it. Thanks to BigBangBaby for getting some alliance info for me, your help was valuable, and is definately a sign of what a community can do if it comes together.

RingoLog will continue to be supported.

Thanks for using this plugin while it was available.

pbettell

13. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

do you want me to archive this?

14. pbettell

pbettell Member

Yeah, thanks man.

15. xxAhzz

xxAhzz New Member

Hi Pbettell,

I wanted to say thanks for the plugin. I also wanted to mention that it seems they are doing the profession training within the GB2 bot. That means your plugin is still valuable for those of us using the questing and grinding modes.

16. pbettell

pbettell Member

I appreciate the thanks, but unfortunately the ammount of time it takes for me to develop and support plugins is large. So if I'm not going to use it for myself, I can't really justify the time I would need to spend. As I said in my previous post, if anyone wants to continue development, please feel free.

17. volicio

volicio New Member

not to rez a dead thread, but i still use this and if pbettell doesn't mind.. I can post a semi-update that adds fishing, but so far the only trainer it has is the one in org