• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [request] Dawnborne Aethersand Farming

Discussion in 'Mining-Botany Profiles' started by bushymark, Dec 27, 2015.

1. bushymark

bushymark New Member

Brand new to RRBuddy, and trying to stumble and learn through as much as possible so I don't ask too many annoying questions. This one I can't seem to find an answer on though, so forgive me ahead of time if the question is asked/answered.

I have been loving the HELL out of some of the existing mining/botony profiles, and been specifically using Mooncloud's [O]Ephemeral Nodes and Master9000's UNSPOILED MASTER 9000.

Both of these profiles are great for farming Aethersand, however there are 2 things I have noticed:

Both use the 550 collectible rotation (which is based on whether you receive a DE proc)
      Both seem to prioritize the level 60 ephemeral items to collect (meaning when collecting the level 58 item, if the rotation procs, the profile doesn't spend the GP to do the 550 rotation).

As the relics require a bunch of dawnborne aethersand, I was looking for 2 things:

1) Is there a profile out there that will use the 550 rotation on the level 58 collectible items? Or is there a setting I am missing in either of these profiles? I am familiar with XML, and have begin trying to decipher them myself but I get caught up by number 2 while looking through everything:

2) Is there a profile out there (or a way) to primarily farm dawnborne. Based on a recent reddit thread there is a non-rng based way to reach 5/8 collectibility on the level 58 items, which seems to have a really good dawnborne yield! After going through the XML of these two profiles, I can't seem to find references to the actual rotation, which makes me assume the rotation is in ExMatt's plugin(which is, again, awesome!) and not contained within the profiles themselves.

(Rotation is: UC>Meth>UC>Meth>SM>Meth>SM>Meth and allows for 2 gathering attempts at 5/8)

Forgive me if this is the wrong place for a question like this, and feedback welcome. Also if anyone has a good resource for getting started on making this myself, please feel free to link me this as well!

Cheers!

2. ViviXIII

ViviXIII New Member

1) Honestly, it makes more sense economically to just farm the lvl60 nodes and then sell any aethersands you get to fund your dawnborne needs!
      However, in the end when running the program in question I've seen it basically default to:
      550 rotation a 60!
      if no 60, try to 550 rotation a 58!
      if no, swing at a 56 and try again

2) Not that I know of, however maybe you could take existing ephemeral node program and edit it!

Sorry if that doesn't help much, but on my server I'm making 13/30k per sand (leaf/land), and the dawnborne are only 10k.

3. bushymark

bushymark New Member

Totally get that. I don't actually market board much, instead using the bot to strictly automate horribly awful repetitive tasks. It sounds like your server has a much better economy for the Land/Leaves then mine! Was looking for a way to grind out Dawns for my free company for their relic synths.

That is so weird! My experience is quite different for some reason.
      550 rotation at 60! (spend GP if there is a proc)
      If not 60, try the 58 with IA, IA, MA
      if no 58, swing at a 56 with IA, IA MA.
      (I just confirmed this again while typing this that, at full GP, with a proc, no 550 rotation on level 58 item)

Now this is where things get interesting!

I did confirm that the rotations are hard coded into ExBuddy, and started perusing through his code (with the hopes that I can decipher enough to make a pull request for the 460 rotation, wish me luck, I have never written C#, but the rotation code is incredibly clean and easy to read).

HOWEVER, what I can't seem to find is what is causing the behavior I am describing with level 58 items! It doesn't seem to be in the XML of the profiles I am using, making me believe that the code for this should also be in ExBuddy's gathering code, but I can't seem to find it there either. Wondering is I am just experiencing something strange here.

4. ViviXIII

ViviXIII New Member

About the rotations:

They're following this: [​IMG]
      which is the base 550 rotation. If IA gets a proc, it should be rolling through the steps as seen.

I do heavy editing of the profiles to suit my needs, but I have no idea about ExBuddy's codes. You'd have to summon our lord creator to ask him sorry.

5. bushymark

bushymark New Member

Yeah, totally familiar with the rotation. Just trying to get it so the bot uses it on the level 58 gathers :( ....

More digging required! Thanks the help!

6. tishat

tishat Member

that would be in the profile, not exbuddy.

e.g
      Code:
                 <Collectables>
                    <Collectable Name="Clary Sage" Value="550"/>
                    <Collectable Name="Furymint" Value="550"/>
                    <Collectable Name="Highland Oregano" Value="550" />
                  </Collectables>
      ExBuddy doesn't have a 460 rotation, but you could add one, I believe Entrax made a 402 rotation as well somewhere.

7. bushymark

bushymark New Member

See that's really weird. Because when I examine the XML, I am looking at lines that look like that. Specifically from "UNSPOILED MASTER 9000" lines 4341 (its located in other places as well)

Code:
      <Items>
        <Collectable Name="Clary Sage" Value="&Farm_Sand_Collect_Rate;"/>
        <Collectable Name="Furymint" Value="&Farm_Sand_Collect_Rate;"/>
        <Collectable Name="Highland Oregano" Value="&Farm_Sand_Collect_Rate;"/>
      </Items>

And Farm_Sand_Collect_Rate is defined earlier in the file as:

Code:
      <!ENTITY Farm_Sand_Collect_Rate "550">
      A naive reading makes me think the 550 rotation should be initiating on ALL levels of items within the node, however the one difference between the XML I am looking at, and the on you are providing is the <Items> parent node vs the <Collectables> in your example.

This is what led me to believe the decision code (on whether to initiate the rotation, or not after a proc), was located within the Gathering Buddy plugin. If its in the profile as you outline, can you think of any reason why the 550 rotation doesn't initiate on proc for the level 56 collectables?

I started trying to hunt it down in the plugin code last night, but got swamped today and didn't get to pursue it further.

8. tishat

tishat Member

Not sure.. I could be totally mistaken too

9. entrax

entrax Member

60 and 600+ Gp -> 550 rotation
      58 and 600+ Gp and Cordial available to use -> 550 rotation
      Else -> 320 (without proc) rotation

I don't think there is but i can create a "new" rotation for ExBuddy for you, also about that i'll need more details than just the rotation, for example :
      - should it try to get 1 item with 460 rate at 400gp ? (I didn't farm this enough to know if it's better only when you have 600 GP).
      - same rotation for all lvl ? what about 56 ?
      - something about cordial available or not ?
      - anything you find relevant for this rotation ...

Edit : Btw you can found every rotation here Plugins\ExBuddy\OrderBotTags\Gather\Rotations

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    10. ViviXIII

ViviXIII New Member

Using the 600 rotation will return 4 items per 1200 gp as compared to 3 items per 1200 gp, which in my opinion is a better use of time/vs potential loss.

- The rotation works for all levels, however using it on 56 is a bit like using the 550 collectability on a 56...yeah it COULD give you a dawnborne but you could just wait until a higher lvl item is in the node for a much better pay out.
      At all levels part 460 collectability, lvl 56 only drops 1 dawnborne at best.

-If cordial is available, I'd be using it regardless. 58 and 60 items will drop the same amount of potential dawnbornes, and if you're only doing the 460 rotation you're not going to be worried about potential land/leafbornes.

11. entrax

entrax Member

If you check my last update for my GatheringManager, i add new zone and some rotation for ephemeral farm.
      my 460 is basically :
      - 58 or 60 and 600 GP ? -> 2 item at 460+
      - Else ? Imp Imp Meth

12. ViviXIII

ViviXIII New Member

Excellent! Want me to post feedback here or in another thread (when I get back from my evening)?

13. entrax

entrax Member

On my Unspoiled thread plz