• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Request for Bot changes

Discussion in 'Community Developer Forum' started by zerolerms, Aug 8, 2017.

?

Good idea?

1. Yes

60.0%
    2. No

40.0%
    1. zerolerms

zerolerms Member

hey I don't know were I could post this or even who to contact with about this I've been using buddy bots since 2013 I've been banned a few times but never due to player reports I always watch my bots and I always get banned with one of the Major ban waves. Well let me get to the point is there any way that you could add a feature to the bot that Secures the bot by changing the Running .exe to a random name and make the system think it's a chrome extension I use a bot for a different game recently and found out that it did this I found this feature quite impressive and interesting due to the fact that it is completely Leagal for a game company to scan your running .exes for well hacks/bots this would probably reduce the ban rate of these bots I know that I was using honor buddy for purely rotation and I was banded due to what I'm guessing was a scan from blizzard just wondering if this could be added or if I could even do this my self and how to if I can sorry for the run on sentences I'm at work and I just wanted to get this down before I forget love yah guys

2. Kirasumi

Kirasumi New Member

You're posting in the Rebornbuddy for FFXIV section, not Honorbuddy.

3. zerolerms

zerolerms Member

This is about Reborn just cause I mentioned honorbuddy dosent mean it's about honor buddy..... there is a reason I say "these bots" I own multiple ...

4. QueenLilith

QueenLilith Member

What Kira touched on but didn't go into much is to say that it is not the BOTs themselves that are going to be the issue but the fact you are using one, the game you are using them on and the 'anti-cheat' systems they have in place.

For instance, we know that FF14 is safer than WoW on many levels as the SE Team does not seem to have many measures in place to detect the BOT running or they don't care enough to act without a cause. On the other hand, Blizzard has multiple systems in place to detect the intervention of 3rd party programs. They have always had a crusade against this type of stuff and have developed their systems over years and have had plenty of experience with their other games to know most of the tricks in the book. One of their 'Core Values' is literally "Play Nice; Play Fair".

Unfortunately it isn't as simple as saying just change the name of the .EXE or anything similar of that nature. If it was as simple as changing the .EXE name then I assume that the Buddy Team would have put something into place for that. But a counter argument here is even if that was in place, the internal investigatory teams that are paid to track these down and find out how they work so they can detect and action people would eventually know what the name is after the change or that it changes often and start looking for other signatures other than the name, like they most likely already do.

In most cases it comes down to the measures in place to detect the use of the software whether it be through collection of your game data and play habits, the use of the games allocated memory and functions from an outside source or anything other not listed here. The big thing to remember though is that Blizzard and some other companies have invested a large amount of time and money into tackling issues like this and others have not. (As said above) A team dedicated to finding patterns in BOTs that users play with and then writes algorithms to check your accounts play activity for that information and flag it for review is nigh impossible to beat unless you know what they are looking for.

At this point in my view, for WoW or most other Blizzard games, I would say don't use them as it is clear they have it out for the Buddy Group and will do everything they can to fuck someone using the BOT. However, that aside, it still comes down to the standard 2 things. Know what you are getting yourself into by using the BOT in the first place and if you decide to, be smart about your use. Always be under the impression that they are always watching you. Be mindful of your play habits (Amount of time, Times of day, Types of play activity, ect.), your game settings (Don't play in Windowed with the BOT if you play in FS normally. Start using Windowed more often outside of the BOT.) and even what computer you are on (IP is always stated but there are other signatures like Device IDs from your components, MAC Addresses, ect.). It might seem a bit paranoid from the forefront but you have to assume that they are watching everything and plan accordingly.