• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Request] Grinding or a tutorial.

Discussion in 'Rebornbuddy Forum' started by eepohno, May 7, 2014.

1. eepohno

eepohno Member

So at first I was like yay! now I am the sad...I cannot for the life of me figure this out...how do I make a grinding profile? I was able to add a target and she stood still and killed it then stopped..not sure how to add creatures to avoid~ or even make her walk from one point to another. (hopefully without getting stuck on things =p)

any help on profiles 20-50? trying to level jobs for my retainers >< or a noob friendly tutorial on how to set one up~ with chocobo summoning if able also.

2. eepohno

eepohno Member

Ok I have the gathering working! so I assume I can make a path for grinding just like I did for gathering? all I need to know is how I can make it avoid certain mobs please. and if I can add in a heal to from my conj cross class.

3. Azoth

Azoth Member

You only initiate combat on the mobs that you add as targets, but you can't make it go out of its way to avoid aggressive mobs. To use abilities outside of the default ones would be a combat routine issue. Go to that forum section and use Ex's routines, unless you want to code it yourself.

4. eepohno

eepohno Member

ahh thanks, then I just need to find an area where those elite aggro mobs do not spawn.

5. crazybuz

crazybuz Member

You can try putting black spots don't know for sure if it works but if it does it will not go to that area or attack anything there.

6. sixzeronine

sixzeronine New Member

I'll do my best to sum up a very basic grinding profile. Before that some basics that I suggest everyone keep in mind:

-In the earlier levels (and possibly the later levels), try to find a neutral mob area to grind in. The reason being that successive aggro encounters greatly reduce the bot's lifespan. You die and there's no corpse run pathing. This is less true for classes with heal.
      -Related to the above, your bot's capability is tied to your durability. Try to time how long your equipment lasts for those long AFK sessions and set up a shutdown timer (or something) to force the bot to stop when your equipment breaks.
      -Avoid any areas with Fates, from my experience there typically will not be enough players around for the bot to safely participate in the Fate.
      -Stay away from towns and "populated" areas. More exposure to more players mean more reports.
      -Do your best to create large and long profiles. Standing around and grinding in one spot is asking for attention.

Quick walkthrough for creating a simple path and grinding profile:

1) First find a suitable area. The mobs can be +2/-2 to your level for ideal experience gains.

2) Press "Profile creator" in the main area of the bot. This will open up a new window.

3) At this point, in game, you should target the mob(s) you wish to grind on. Then go back to profile creator and click "Add Current Target".

4) Back to the game, hop on your mount if you have access and start creating a clean path for the bot to follow. Avoiding any obvious objects it may get caught on. The profile creator will automatically add the waypoints without any input. I like personally like to create a loop back to the start point.

5) Click save profile and name it. As a general rule you should always add the zone AND the x and y coordinates to the title of the profile. This way you won't have to wrack your brain trying to remember where the profile exactly is. This also helps the users for those kind enough to share their profiles to the public.

6) Close the profile creator screen and we're back to the main bot area. In the top right drop arrow select "grinding". Just in case you may want to load the profile you just created.

7) Go to the combat routine and set the rest thresholds you want. If you're underleveled for the grinding area set these higher and if you're overleveled for the grinding area set these lower. Use your discretion.
      7a) In the combat routine menu, change the Summon Chocobo line from "False" to "True". I added Gyshal greens to my hotbar and the bot seems to correctly summon the chocobo.

8) Close the combat routine window and press start at the bottom right.

That's about it. This is a simple outline for those looking to creating a quick an dirty grinding profile. I would recommend you observe the bot to ensure that the waypoint pathing is accurate and your bot isn't constantly dying.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
    7. eepohno

eepohno Member

thanks for the quick tips!