• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Seriously? Whats with the Customer Service?

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Support' started by Narninian, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Narninian

Narninian New Member

I had a login issue switching to the new key system from the old shop account (was missing my account name, which I have since figured out) but I contacted the Support email.

I didn't have all the information they required to help me, so this is their response:

I realize I already paid, but whats with that hostility towards your customers?

2. BotAlotz

BotAlotz New Member

I saw a simular post yesterday... im not sure what to say :confused:

3. Keanu

Keanu Member Buddy Store Developer

Someone in the support stuff has real problems using the language properly ;-)

4. thomas_s

thomas_s New Member

Seems more like whoever is doing support is constantly getting the same question that has been answered before and can easily be looked up by taking a few minutes to read the forums / email / set up guide

5. Tryst

Tryst Member

Lol, what customer service?

6. bearsmacked

bearsmacked New Member

No kidding. I have the invalid login problem, I've been a client for years-since before keys were issued. I emailed support@thebuddyforum.com and asked if I could get some help on the issue nd got an answer of 'no i can not'.

I never got an email, even in my spam folder or anything, regarding key changes. I have had to scour this support site to finally put pieces together to try to get help, but the customer service is really bad. Last year when I had some hiccoughs, it was easy to get help and I was really happy with everything. This is horrible service, and I am not sure if I should read anything into it, but it's just like more people are giving less care about the entire thing.

7. bearsmacked

bearsmacked New Member

A lot of people are used to running the bot, and that's it. I never got an email updating my key-I didn't even have an authportal account because I was a member from way back before all that came into place. Sometimes things still don't work. It really doesn't matter why things don't work, being abusive to your clients when they email for support isn't helpful. They could reply with a link TO the stickied thread and that would be as helpful as the abusive language.

It's not about spoon-feeding, most people who run these bots actually know how to set up their own profiles and such and need very little help with that. It's when HB-end stuff causes problems unexpectedly that people start flooding the service forums. Because so many people are flooding it with the same issues, you'd think that copy-paste email answers would work easier than someone hand-writing abusive crap to those of us who are following Tony's instructions by emailing support.

8. Jez

Jez New Member

I don't think there is any excuse for talking to customers like that.

9. Tryst

Tryst Member

I agree.

10. bossland

bossland Administrator

next time, when you newbs have to resolve 470 emails a day, besides the real work you have to do

i will ask you twice how you would react, when simple task can not be followed

11. bossland

bossland Administrator

disagree

12. bossland

bossland Administrator

So you get like 250 emails of this, and you know exactly:

This guy for sure read that he was moved to the new keys system. That he has not received the new key yet.

But he wants you to die stressed, than just give you his SHOP USERNAME, and get resolved within 10 seconds.

I dont think thats fair.

13. amputations

amputations Active Member

How about you try out the support crews job for one week and see how you like it.

14. Gandalf

Gandalf Member

Sorry Bossland, but that cant be a problem from a customer. It was your decision (as owner of HB i think you did it) to change old key system to new one. You thought that it would be better to move all to new system becouse your were a victim of hacking.

So if you change something like that, you should know that a email tsunami will come to you. So get someone to answer all this mails and pay him, so its not about you to do that.

In my mind, HB lost all his good sides. I mean since weeks there are every 2-3 days Auth system errors. Then a lot of stuff does still not work how it should.
      Then this treatment of customers, we paid for it. If you dont have the capacity to handle it, stop selling it...

I always thought you are a nice smart business men, but as i see now you arent able to handle your company :(

15. bossland

bossland Administrator

I am pretty fine handling it, as you can see. Everyone got his new Key, once he realized what to do. And this within the same day.

16. Gandalf

Gandalf Member

In the 3rd attempt. =)

I can remember a day, a coder asked here to help out your team. As a business men you said "without CV we cant do anything".
      Looked really professional. But what you wrote now isnt what a CEO of a enterprise.

If you create this image, you should stop fight again blizzard and just do a "china bot company behavior".
      Get the money, dont care about support and if it gets detected delete all your homepages...

If a boss call users of his companies products "newbs", reputation of the entire company is gone...
      It is your decision, i dont want to flame i thought i will "give my 5 cents" about HB's behaviour.

17. Giwin

Giwin Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Bossland, I would use templated emails specifically using AutoText in Microsoft Outlook... this seriously cut down my time to respond to me customers, the "newbs" did cause my extreme anger especially since it was very simple... for this I make a complete general FAQ which states all the things that you hear again and again with their solutions too them, this one helped cut down response time too (you shouldn't be writing any email with typing).

it's less personalized but since you get so many emails then it would be best to respond with a general FAQ first and then deal with them after they can't get it to work after reading the FAQ, techniques include saving it as a draft if you're annoyied and then respond later... you will see that you wouldn't normally respond out of hate when in anger :p.

18. thomas_s

thomas_s New Member

I work retail and deal with people who feel entitled all day long just because you bought something doesn't make you entitled...if you don't like the way you feel your treated you can simply remove yourself from the situation. But complaining doesn't get you anywhere. If you feel HB lost everything good why use it, if your still here that means you like it.

A few of the bots have bugs but you don't see me bitching about it...I reported the problem and moved on if it gets fixed then I'll use those until then I'll use whats working.

Also Bossland sent an email out with instructions on how to switch over to the new system. It had the new key how many sessions and where to put the new key Besides putting the sticky up how many months ago.

Maybe he should make a new system for customer support instead of via email...you fill out a form if you don't fill it out properly you don't get any response.

19. secarter2k3

secarter2k3 Member

I actually like this idea. It somewhat filters out the spam a little more and you get things in a formatted way that you can use, as a customer support administrator.

I am one of those that didn't get an email, but I generally just did the troubleshooting. I changed my login password; didn't work. I read the error message a bit better and checked my auth portal account (couldn't remember the password, changed that too)...after getting in there, I found the key, pasted it into the GUI and off I went, botting to my heart's content.

While I don't agree with responses from whomever was responding to the mail, I can understand the frustration of receiving the swamp of mail regarding the same issue.

The automated response with a FAQ or link to how to resolve the issue could be useful and would save the response time of a minute down to 30 seconds or less, depending if it was templated or just a copy/paste.

Just my two cents as well.

20. ttaschuk

ttaschuk Member

I really feel bad for you and those that have to deal with you "all day" at your dead end job :(

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.