• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Stable] Honorbuddy 1.9.5.5 - QuestOrder

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Nesox, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. spelaben

spelaben New Member

The bot sometimes stands in front of the dead mob and tries to loot it after he already did.

The log says:
      Debug log spams this text:

2. Cowtongue

Cowtongue Guest

This bot is getting more and more buggy they need to stop adding features to it and fix what's already there, they are starting to turn into Omegabot

3. Stolen

Stolen New Member

Agree with this, please stop development for the time being on the questing portion of the bot and get what we originally paid for working real smooth again. I dare not leave my bots alone at the moment for fear of the bot doing one of the following, Spamming different targets, jumping at a wall, equipping grey items and selling his blue better items (nothing to do with the plugin, a bug with selling items and maybe lag), standing still spamming looting when he already has, standing still targeting a mob and not doing anything the list goes on.

I think the questing side of things has just side tracked you from what is important.

What I would like, if I am allowed to say would be as follows

1) fix issues with the grinding bot / honor grinding bot, particularly the SOTA door issues.

2) when 1 is fixed work on integrating GB with HB like was said in your mission statement months ago.

3) More powerful default CC's.

4) At least one official grinding profile for both alliance and horde for 1 - 80

5) build on your now solid bot software with questing beta.

I know you guys don't have a huge development team but I think resources are not being distributed wisely at the moment. I love the bot but really want to see the bugs ironed out.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
    4. Chulie

Chulie New Member

Agreed. I mean no disrespect to the makers of the bot... but why not make an actually working stable bot and work on the questing stuff as a side project that won't interfere with what the original bot is meant to be. I am running into countless issues just running mixed modes and I also fear not baby sitting the bot for the obvious "omg look a bot!!" type reasons. I don't even use questing mode right now it just sounds like a bad idea until that's stable.

5. Xanathos

Xanathos Active Member

Sure, you paid for a bot to do something that it currently isn't doing for you. The sane thing to do would be to wait until the item is fixed instead of continuing to do the same action that will probably get you banned.

I'm not saying to not complain about it, just that your smart choices are either a) do it by hand or b) don't do it at all until it is fixed.

6. Xanathos

Xanathos Active Member

This has been talked about ad nauseum already. They weren't going to add the questing bot in at all until it was a lot more stable but many people bitched and moaned about "ZOMG I WANT IT NOWZZ!!!11!11one". So they added it in as a Beta.

Then, even with the Beta flag, people bitched that it wasn't good enough. So they added in the latest build to help fix the, already Beta listed, Questing side of things.

Now we are where we are.

If there was a mistake, it was bowing to the pressures of the people that were bitching about wanting the Quest stuff before it was ready. But hindsight is 20/20 and I'm sure that the Dev team will keep with their own schedules now and not even *mention* anything new until it is actually "ready for prime time".

Why? Because there are too many spoiled entitled children out there. And I certainly don't blame them.

So now they are screwed, as they have to work on the core functionality AND the questing side of things (since it is now out in the wild). So hopefully they can get a handle on things and get moving forward again.

7. boogeyman269

boogeyman269 New Member

personally i like the new quest order system and slowly learning to make a profile for it the reason most users are complaining is the lack of profiles made for the new system there are several 1-20 profiles started but thats as far as its got so far if the people would be patient for the new profiles to be completed i think they will find that the system actually works very well.

8. Stolen

Stolen New Member

The problem with the questing is you have to baby sit it, to find out what quests the bot can do and then what order to do them in, its not really reasonable to expect some one who only wants to level up one char to do this, they might as well just level by hand and be done with it.

A Bot/Robot is there to automate things, atm with all due respect, baby sitting a bot doesn't feel like the best automation I have seen. When i bought the bot a few months back it levelled a ret paladin for me so smoothly, now I'm levelling a dk and its just scary what I see it doing at times.

9. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member Buddy Core Dev

You are correct. We expect to have 1-60, 58-70 and 68-80 profiles by end of the month and you will be able to afk them. For now, its best use a grinding profile if the questing makes you uneasy.

10. moujoohoo

moujoohoo New Member

Sound really great. cant wait :p

11. Hunterion

Hunterion New Member

I really can't get my bot working. Just "Activity: Resting" all the time. I want a refund

12. tombstone

tombstone New Member

My death knight was grinding in Nagrand and was unable to talk to the repair vendor due to him being a little too low level. For some reason, this prompted him to remove all his blue items and equip gray items that were in the bag.

The auto-equip plugin has been completely deleted from the plugin folder, so I know that's not it.

Can you all just remove whatever logic is currently causing the bot to remove damaged gear and equip gray items? That sort of thing should be handled by a plugin or at least be a checkbox of some sort if it's going to be a built-in feature.

I can't think of a single reason why the bot should ever be equipping gray items, even if its current gear is totally damaged.

13. r0nningen

r0nningen New Member

I got the same problem at a lvl 77 Warrior in Sholazar basin

14. axazol

axazol New Member

Almost forget... What about Quest-Mix mode ?

15. R@D

R@D New Member

had same problem here

Adding new features? they didn't add new thing in this version... they are fixing up the questing...

Had the same thing! with a paladin level 63 in zangarmarsh.

This is really buggy with me on all chars i bot, when it gets to the corpes it will start running around like a mad man for some time befor accepting the ress.

16. Xanathos

Xanathos Active Member

I've got a new bug that I've just started seeing since I've just started doing WotLK dungeons.

I understand that HB has an issue when it is running if you zone into, or out of, an instance/dungeon. This is not that.

When I accept a Random Dungeon invite I always stop HB, shut it down, and then re-load it once I'm in the actual instance. I then use the Mr. AutoFight and HB Toggle plugins to have HB help during the Dungeon run when things hit the fan or on boss mobs, etc.

In the few WotLK dungeons I've tried whenever I start HB I always get the "ReadLog: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." error. Sometimes causing HB to crash out and throw an exception. I've hit the "Send error to server" option most of the time when this happens.

I thought it was the .cc I was using (skiWarlock) but was told it was an issue with HB and its handling of instances, etc.

That's fine, I'm not asking for HB to be fully autonomous in dungeons, just that it works like it used to in the Vanilla/BC dungeons.

17. likwid818

likwid818 Member

delete the auto-equip plugin entirely. even with it disabled it is still messing with people.

HB DEVS: why don't you fix the auto-equip plugin - OR JUST STOP INCLUDING IT WITH HB.,

18. Xanathos

Xanathos Active Member

Well it isn't impacting everyone for one. Why should they remove it when it works for, hopefully, a majority of their users?

19. tombstone

tombstone New Member

I was having this problem *even when the autoequip plugin was completely deleted*, which means it's a problem with HB, *not* the plugin.

20. tombstone

tombstone New Member

Although I still think there's a problem with HB itself, I think I may have solved the problem with it equipping gray items (albeit in a round-about way by actually having the auto-equip plugin re-equip the items when HB screws it up).

Basically, you need to actually *keep* the AutoEquip folder in your plugins (regardless of what people are saying). Then, edit the Settings.xml file in the /plugins/AutoEquip/ folder.

I changed the settings at the top to this:

Code:
        <AutoEquipItems>true</AutoEquipItems>
        <AutoEquipBags>true</AutoEquipBags>
        <ReplaceHeirlooms>false</ReplaceHeirlooms>
        <EquipPurples>false</EquipPurples>
        <EquipBlues>true</EquipBlues>
        <EquipGreens>false</EquipGreens>
        <EquipWhites>false</EquipWhites>
        <EquipGrays>false</EquipGrays>

By default, equipping greens, whites, and grays was all enabled.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.