• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [The Answer / The Calculation] How high is the Chance of getting Banned?

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by backstein123, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. holynorth

holynorth New Member

Great for him. He's a mod, not a developer. Why is there an announcement asking for thirty days if HB is 100% not detected?

2. Deadweight

Deadweight Member

What a stupid thread.

3. iCeTii

iCeTii New Member

No word about deteted or not. " The risks associated with botting have risen".

4. holynorth

holynorth New Member

I didn't say it would be in there. But it can be heavily implied. What risks have risen? Do you have any idea? Sine Warden doesn't deal with player reports, that leaves us with what?

5. wh420

wh420 New Member

Numbers...or detections...if its not detecting HB...which is still a high probability...there are so many ways of getting an injection accomplished...and silently to the system, that warden would have to be a heavily guarded IDS to deal with it...just doesn't seem the case. Wibdow titles, things like that are another story.

Then there are numbers...like account a was logged on for 18 hours in a 24 hour period...flag it...account b did 150 runs in the same dungeon one right after another...flag it....account c ran a couple dungeons, quested, did some dailies, crafted a few things...leave it. If you're not botting smart you're botting to get banned. If it was a software detection it would be simple enough to see if a further obfuscated version of the code using different hooks would keep from being flagged. I'm betting they tightened down the numbers it checks against your account and added a couple new flags into the mix.

6. Coolio99

Coolio99 New Member

I don't know why there has to be 5,000 of these threads. Look at the ban reports, 90% (or more) are from four things (some of them overlapping): A) Gatherbuddy2...why people continue to use this, at least for anything more than thirty minutes at a time and without a private/randomized profile B) BGBuddy C) any individual bot for an extended period of time AFK (if you're going to bot AFK, which you shouldn't unless you are selling gold and don't care if your account gets banned, please use plugins that allow you to remotely monitor the status of your bot and/or have log out precautions) D) just being a general idiot with the bot, being lazy/greedy, not acting like a human player (would a human player do a single task for more than 4 hours without a break? Probably not and I regularly play on WoW 8+ hours a day non-botting).

I bet most of the people that ask "will I get banned, etc?" are probably people who end up getting banned. I'm new to HB but I didn't have to ask stupid questions. Search the forums and just use common sense.

7. BubbaDad

BubbaDad Member

I believe that Blizz sent out a signal to trip HB and other bots. If they did do this and it is easy to do there objective to "put the fear of God" in us then it worked. Botting is probably down quite a bit. The old police car on the highway with no one in it bit. You just never know if there is or is not a cop clocking you.

One thing this scare has done for me is convince me to go full guns and sell all I can.

8. Coolio99

Coolio99 New Member

I honestly thought the same thing and I think it's very plausible

9. NavyAV89

NavyAV89 Member

There is a 100% chance that you might get banned

10. EnjoiRelyks

EnjoiRelyks New Member

I'm just being facetious here but you asked, "How can one follow with no assurance?" I keep asking people this question about other topics I will not mention...but their answer seems to keep being, "You have to have faith!"

...Oh, well that solves everything.

11. cfm117

cfm117 New Member

Hell yea it is. Have you done a BG after 10pm lately? Horde side, its all real players since tripwire. Chat is full for once. Its really weird, night and day difference.

12. IIKrypticII

IIKrypticII New Member

13. backstein123

backstein123 New Member

I just want to push this thread because there are still people posting things like 'am i going to be banned?' -.-

Why not looking in this Thread?

14. Coolio99

Coolio99 New Member

Because we don't need another thread to explain common sense. The mods should honestly just auto delete any thread that asks "will I get banned?" "Is it safe?" Etc. Can't fix stupid and can't give people common sense.

This isn't directed at you but rather the thirty threads that get created every day. It's like me asking if I'll get a ticket for speeding....maybe, who knows? Use common sense and you probably won't....go 100 on a major freeway and you probably will.

15. gravinator

gravinator New Member

I use this bot and have for quite a while. (inc pity story) I use my main account but, only use CR's simply because i cant play without it as i only have one hand. I have mentioned this before, I just wish Blizz would understand lol. I have shrapnel scars all over my face and have one hand, so i dont venture out much. PS i love you Mirabis, Tuanha, Tony, and Millz. I dont want to make money i just want to play a online game with my mates :cool:

And if they want to ban me and others i know in the same situation then pfft. I do understand some ppl absolutely abuse this great tool though, its a shame.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    16. razer

razer New Member

I would add that most of BG's are 70-80% bots :D as you can tell right now that the chances of doing better play in bgs is so much better! :D If you bg bot you are looking for a death wish

17. Proto

Proto New Member

I love this analogy. It's dead on!

18. Botanist

Botanist Banned

You can always use my philosophy. I buy the account with the intent to run it non stop until it is banned. Some amaze me how long they last. If you expect it, it will never come as a surprise.

Owneth likes this.
    19. webhond

webhond TEMPORARILY MUTED

this ^^ !

20. Engineer

Engineer New Member

This is all good, but when you are botting Arena/PvP then you are "investing" in your chars. I am not botting for gold and stuff like that. Only PvP and ratings. Meaning if you get banned it has an impact since you have invested time to build the characters. Leveling, Gearing up CQ gear etc.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.