• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • The sad news - Honorbuddy and others

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by bossland, Nov 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. moskau626

moskau626 New Member

Since you cannot develop honorbuddy anymore, would you consider open sourcing the code?

2. mrandy

mrandy Member

No, the release of the code isn’t possible. Read the official threat.

3. Tony

Tony "The Bee" Staff Member Moderator

nope

joni1337 likes this.
    4. joni1337

joni1337 Member

hi may i ask why?
      i havent played wow since the stard of WoD but im really sad to hear the news.

i have to say, that i already made a terrible expirience back in WoD when it came to honorbuddys safety (i couldnt bot longer then 3months without a ban and stopped after the banwaves started hitting monthly or even more often)

but i dont understand the decision in not open sourcing it?
      if you really want to make one last effort in the "war against blizzard" i feel like that would be it.
      then maybe someone else can figure out how to make it safe again.

i would understand your decision if you are only closing it down temporarily and will try to work around the newst anti cheat methods. then it would be retarded to open source it.
      but if the project is really over, it would really make the bot development for some other people much easier.
      wow is such a big and complex game and you are the only bot who really has a profile for every freaking quest (probably over 100.000quest or some shit like that) and just loosing all that data would make me sad.

but hey its not my choice in the end im just really curious what your thoughts on all this are. not saying you have to do it, just wondering why you seem to be against the idea...

in a completly different topic, and this might all be rumors but ive heared that some guy was reversing warden for you guys back in Wotlk+Cata+pandaria (?) but stopped for some reason (i dont remember if it was legal trouble or something else) and ever since then the banwaves seem to be hitting HARD.
      is there anything to this story?
      because i remember using honorbuddy for months in Cata, bots were flying carawane on my server and mining 24/7 and NONE of them ever got banned.
      im just really curious if your anti cheat protection coder didnt change in the last 1-3years ????? is it not possible that some more skilled coder would find a workaround?

and yet another tpic, ive been scripting in league of legends since 2012, and around 2014 until today roit games also went HARD with their anticheat, but very few cheat providers still found bypasses and remained safe with zero bans (one got suited leaguesharp, maybe you know their story) but they completly bypassed what riot was doing to detect ALL the competitors, all other scripting plattforms were banned withing a week, while i cheated with leaguesharp for years without a ban.

isnt it just coding skill thats missing to be able to win the cat and mouse game again???????

they are a huge company that has more money, but their update proccess is also slower then if you develop a bot yourself, it seems like we still have ways to win, we just stop trying.

5. Veliton

Veliton New Member

In ma opinion it is sad how you just lie to us... just look at the post here in the forum like : wait for the update ... and bam this shit ... i dont know you had the best producte for a long time for sure, but the shittest communication with us ... so yeah fuck you .. hope you will come back better and stronger .. but for now you are bunch of li

6. Tony

Gentoo and joni1337 like this.
    7. Smashin

Smashin Member

If you take a step back I and look at every thing to me it looks like they are making a new bot under a new company hence why they don't give code out and say things are yet to come meaning they might be in the works to completely bring out a fresh new wow bot

Morty likes this.
    8. joni1337

joni1337 Member

thanks for the reply, i personally completly understand the lack of transparency at some points in honorbuddys lifecycle.

i really hope you get it up and running and come back stronger then ever before. altho i dont know if bossland will be willing to invest the time and work and money into doing that (because i honestly dont even know if you would make it back in the long run, probably yes especially since the vanilla hype is really strong)
      but hey i will be hopeful for the future

i just hope ANYBODY will fuck rito blizzard and battleye finally in the ass, im honestly considering real life physical violence against eugen (the BE guy) just to make him stop fucking all the zombie survial games.
      have a nice day and thanks for the answer and good luck with the future projects

9. Fulken

Fulken Member

all was nice in the 5 years i using, thanks HB team :)

10. jonez

jonez New Member

To those asking, the source code is available online if you look hard enough. It's about a year old and won't directly compile since it's been decompiled using a few tricks. But it is interesting to read if you're a developer!

11. Stormtrooper11

Stormtrooper11 Member

@Tony : I understand why you're closing Honorbuddy but why are you closing other bots like Buddywing ?

12. kuskner

kuskner Member

Well thank you for this amazing bot :) Will miss it! Wont miss wow.

13. AknA

AknA Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

For those that want HB to open source it's code. Think of a game that was made like 5 years or 10 years ago, just because they won't do a sequal to that game, should they open source all their work just because of it ?
      The coders behind HonorBuddy has put down nameless hours into their work, just because they won't continue with it why would they open source it ?
      To make a bot isn't THAT hard if you know how to program, however to make a bot that isn't detected by Blizzard is a other question.
      I've never done any disassemble so I have no idea how Blizzards anti cheat works, but making something that just do shit for you in game isn't that hard to code.
      The problem is finding ways how to make it "safe" and to update the bot on every patch the get all the new adresses for every core function of the bot.

14. Hatdred

Hatdred Member

15. Hatdred

Hatdred Member

16. Kmica

Kmica Member

Sorry to hear this, it was fun in all the years. :)
      Hope we get HB4 at some point in future !!!

17. Hatdred

Hatdred Member

18. totalschaden

totalschaden Active Member Buddy Store Developer

If true, this should atleast in Germany be illegal ?!

19. Tony

there was no progress on known legal cases lately,the US case its the old one and its irrelevant to recent decision

20. Bayram15

Bayram15 Moderator Moderator

Guys

don't forget;

" It is not quite over yet, but we need to adapt to these new circumstances to even stand a chance of continuing in the future."

you know,
      sometimes you have to take a few steps back for to jump farther ;)

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.