• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [PAID] TheBrodieMan's Profile Compendium -- Northrend Module

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Store Profiles' started by thebrodieman, Apr 13, 2015.

1. garbodor

garbodor New Member

I'll try to remember to post a log tomorrow, for the two quests that I specified it picks them up but doesn't attempt to do them--for get kraken it doesn't ride the hippogryph and it doesn't go anywere near Kharanos.
      It may be because I'm only @ valiant rank on the characters I'm running though, not sure.
      Failing to pick up quests is less consistent but the bot will sometimes open the quest dialog, close the window, then repeat until I manually grab the quests

2. thebrodieman

thebrodieman Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

This issue with grabbing quests I described earlier. It's very weird. I'm not positive the circumstances but it has something to do with combining PickUp tags on one NPC then using Lua on another, the Lua will (for lack of a better term) be ignored. I ran into this with the Tanaan dailies, and eventually got a workaround but never figured out the root cause. I think I can finagle some code using frame APIs so let me take a look this weekend.

3. thebrodieman

A little update on some work I did on Argent Tournament so far this weekend:

Code:
      Northrend Package
      - Argent Tournament
      -- Re-enabled combat after mounted pre-reqs (may have caused combat issues)
      -- The Argent Tournament - Adjusted landing location manually for PickUp and TurnIn
      -- Mastery Of Melee - Adjusted landing location manually for PickUp and TurnIn
      -- Mastery of Melee - Updated to not pause so much after moving to target, will cast spells a bit more human-like
      -- Mastery Of The Charge - Adjusted landing location manually for PickUp and TurnIn
      -- Mastery of The Charge - Optimized spell casting
      -- Mastery Of The Shield-Breaker - Adjusted landing location manually for PickUp and TurnIn
      -- Mastery of The Shield-Breaker - Optimized spell casting
      -- Will now Disable the CR BEFORE getting on one of the jousting mounts (fix for all pet classes)
      -- The Black Knight of Westfall/Silverpine - Adjusted landing location manually for PickUp and TurnIn
      -- The Seer's Crystal - Adjusted landing location manually for PickUp and TurnIn
      -- The Stories Dead Men Tell - Adjusted landing location manually for PickUp and TurnIn
      -- There's Something About the Squire - Adjusted landing location manually for PickUp and TurnIn
      -- There's Something About the Squire - Should no longer kill the intended mob repeatedly while trying to pick pocket
      -- The Black Knight's Orders - Adjusted landing location manually for PickUp and TurnIn
      -- Should no longer return to Northrend while The Black Knight of Westfall/Silverpine is not completed (stop/start issue)
      -- Aspirant Dailies - Adjusted landing location manually for PickUp and TurnIn
      -- Aspirant Dailies - Will properly (and more quickly) pick up quests (no more lua needed!)
      -- Learning the Reins - Optimized spell casting

Coming with monday's patch!

4. garbodor

garbodor New Member

Getting a pretty wordy error when I start the bot tonight, attached a log from one of my characters.

Attached Files:

5. thebrodieman

Known issue. Corrected for tomorrow's update.

6. garbodor

garbodor New Member

Ok so this is a strange one, I've had a bug the last couple of days wherein basically the bot will fly to the tent in front of where the Crusader dailies are handed out, mount a ground mount, and walk to the front of ICC for At the Enemy's Gates. Also the bot isn't even attempting to pick up at the enemy's gates or a worthy weapon-- I have to pause it and grab them manually. It also tries to walk back to Icecrown after doing the Worthy Weapon quest, though that is fixed by starting/stopping the bot.
      Log from one character, can add others if you'd like:
      View attachment 8896 2016-02-25 19.24.txt

7. thebrodieman

At The Enemy's Gates - Noticed that one today too. Only 1 of the 10 iterations of that quest got the flight code added to it. It's going to be in tomorrow's update.
      If you already have quests in your log from a previous day, the profile will NOT attempt to pick up more quests unless they are right in front of it...and even then it may not (i need to re-read the code to be certain). To assure you get everything, your log should be void of all Argent Tournament daily quests, or let it run what it has, then restart the profile after.

Took a look at Worthy Weapon. It should fly back, the code is in there to do so. Not sure why it wouldn't. Couldn't find an attempt to return to base in your log.

8. thebrodieman

More updates coming for tomorrow:

Code:
      Argent Tournament
      -- Updated Champion quests turn ins to be more reliable, further testing required
      -- Should no longer reattempt flying to champion quest turn in locations if already there (stop/start protection)
      -- The Edge of Winter - Should no longer get stuck midair waiting for Lord Everblaze to spawn
      -- At The Enemy's Gates - Will now fly to the designated location before switching to ground nav

9. thebrodieman

Coming for monday's Patch!!

Code:
      Argent Tournament
      -- Added more combat disables in places where we use Tournament mounts
      -- The Grand Melee - Optimization of QB (requires newest version of TheBrodieMan's Profile Compendium for QB)
      -- Among the Champions - Optimization of QB (requires newest version of TheBrodieMan's Profile Compendium for QB)
      -- The Valiant's Challenge - Fixed issue of not grabbing mount, and should disable CR when on mount
      -- Taking Battle To The Enemy - Fixed issues where we would constantly try to mount/dismount to reach mobs not pathable from ground
      -- You've Really Done It This Time, Kul - Fixed issues where we would constantly try to mount/dismount to reach mobs not pathable from ground
      -- You've Really Done It This Time, Kul - Should open cages only when they contain prisoners
      -- Added support for The Black Knight's Fall, and the 'It's Just A Flesh Wound' achievement
      -- Threat From Above - Waiting hotspot location now slightly randomized, and more central

10. garbodor

garbodor New Member

You're probably already aware but it seems this patch broke "The Grand Melee". The bot only jousts one opponent before moving to the next quest.

11. thebrodieman

I was not aware, but am now. Easy issue, i had already fixed it under Among the Champions, but forgot to backtrack it to the earlier quest.
      Pushing through for tomorrow's patch.

12. garbodor

garbodor New Member

Cool.
      Thanks for all the work you're doing on this, I despise these dailies tbh.
      I'm still having issues with the bot not picking up http://www.wowhead.com/quest=13854/at-the-enemys-gates, even when starting with a completely empty quest log--it still does it if I'm paying attention and pick the quest up manually, just refuses to grab it.

13. thebrodieman

Given the code as it is, the only reason for that would be if the NPC was falsely returning that it has no more quests to get. I've been running as a champion for the past 3 days now, another 5 beyond that as valiant, and have not seen this issue come around. Does this happen every day? Has it only been on this NPC?

14. garbodor

garbodor New Member

It happens every day across 5 characters, running as horde if that matters.
      Added a quick log from just now, basically the start of the bot through it grabbing all of the valiant dailies.

View attachment 6492 2016-02-29 22.10.txt

And another log, different character, doing a different race's valiant dailies, same issue:
      View attachment 5756 2016-02-29 22.10.txt

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    15. thebrodieman

Since the code contains no logging information (all quest pick ups for the dailies are now done with C# instead of the profile's XML), I will need to add in some logging to show "what frame we saw" and "what quests are here" to help debug this. It will take me tomorrow to do, I have to crash, need to get up in 5 hours and i have a day jammed with cases and meetings...

I should have the code to debug this issue in for wednesday's release. I will post here again when it is up, and may ask you for a log again at that point. In the meantime, i will see if i can some how replicate this issue.

Also: Do you have any major UI addons that would alter the appearance of frames or alter how quests are picked up?

16. garbodor

garbodor New Member

No UI mods running whatsoever.

17. thebrodieman

Just had to rule that out to be sure I'm not competing against 3rd party addons.

OK for tomorrow's patch, I have added some very basic logging lines in the diagnostic section (mostly for me) whenever you grab a quest using these profiles. (Valiant and Up only for this rounds testing). This way I can see what it's doing when its looping that Task. Should give me a little insight to what is happening. Running another round to see how it does. FYI, it did not get stuck grabbing quests so the reason for your stuck is still eluding me.

18. thebrodieman

Diagnostic update is now live. If you can, please provide a log file of issues of quest pickups.

19. garbodor

garbodor New Member

Here's one log from start to when it finishes picking up champion dailies, can add more if you need them, same issue where it failed to pick up the one daily.

View attachment 4428 2016-03-02 10.38.txt

20. thebrodieman

Going to need you to keep at least one character available and NOT do the dailies today that shows this issue. According to log, bot sees both quests, but is reporting npc has no quests available (at the same time) after 1 of 2 is grabbed. I need to see this in action as I cannot replicate this issue. If you don't already, please grab TeamViewer and find me on Skype @TheBrodieManHB so that we can discuss this live tonight when I am available to test with you.