• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • This banwave is something different

Discussion in 'Discussions (no Ban Reports here)' started by daidza, Feb 4, 2017.

1. phazeshifta123

phazeshifta123 Banned

Storing data...is illegal? What kind of nonsense is this?

Are you telling us that Blizz has to delete stored data in the EU after a certain amount of time? So are you saying that you want Blizzard to delete every wow account that hasn't been online for 30 days? Since every account contains stored personal data...

I don't think you have a clue as to what you're talking about.

2. daidza

daidza New Member

In their records they must have the pictures and they know about that since I merged accounts when they introduced battle.net account shared benefits (you know back in MoP with reputation gains, account shared mounts and everything). Then it was required to send them his ID, even birth certificate. In appeal tickets I carefully and truthfully explained every actions I took with botting, 3 times actually, separating gold and items, how I was being careful that if they ban me, he doesn't suffer from it). Finishing every time with "YOU'RE WRONG". Now I don't want to beg. If I could somehow meet that GM/Customer support guy in real life I would beat the living shit out of him. Hell I spent 4 years in muddy trenches in the war, wounded by sniper even. Noway I'm gonna beg, fuck them!!!

As for my boy, he's 15 now, big boy, much smarter than me apparently, now he says fuck wow its boring I was only logging for once a week with nothing to do, he's competitive CS player and since he's 15 you know what those kids use computer now anyway :). As for legal actions as you probably figured out by now I live in one European greatest "banana republic" so I could never rely that some public legal service would help me even if I was wrongfully accused/framed for murdering someone :)

So fuck blizzard. This is some new kind of scare tactics to instill fear in botters. To feel us never remotely safe to bot again.

3. prinnyhater1

prinnyhater1 Member

"So f$%# blizzard. This is some new kind of scare tactics to instill fear in botters. To feel us never remotely safe to bot again."

I feel this 100% accurate. I have always said they do not want botters completely gone, they make blizzard lots of money. I feel they could just insta ban all botters, but if they did no one would buy more keys and gametime to try again. If they throw around ban waves they can keep botters in check, while showing regular players that they are doing something about issue. that way they benefit from legit players money and botters money. Do not kid yourself that blizzard does not think of profits when making these decisions.

4. matt84

matt84 Member

first of all, it's not illegal for them to store logs of your gameplay regardless of what you'd like to think, if they didn't keep logs you wouldn't be able to restore items that you had lost in the past or deleted by asccident.

second, even if they do have to delete logs, there is nothing stopping them from placing a flag on your account at time of detection which shows the account being caught botting and reserving it to be used at a time specified later.

third, i highly doubt bossland is storing information and giving it to blizzard... even though i think he's a shitty business man and his business practices are shady and i pretty much don't respect them at all, i don't think he's that messed up he would be doing that, but at this point if he was it wouldnt suprise me.

fourth, a GM knows nothing, a GM has access to very limited information and literally has no power to do anything and no insight to how they catch botters / how much information they store... I'm guessing the people who do have access are also under NDA's n such which risk very high punishable offences if the data gets leaked, blizzard can't afford to have everyone in the company knowing what they are doing / storing in terms to security and bot detection.

5. Pralen

Pralen Member

Then you should read Personal Data Act.
      There are some data that are allowed to store, like subscrition information and some data wich you accept via EULA.

Then there is information like what you do on the account, who you talk with, what you talk about. that is by data that should be deleted after 2 weeks (In Norway) according to law. And this falls under what the GM talked about, tracking behavior on an account that had not been online for 37 days.

So read up and then comment plz.

6. CAcove

CAcove Moderator Moderator

Pralen, if you have that on them, what are you doing here my friend? If you strongly feel you have a case, call them up, tell them what law they broke, give them an ultimatum, and follow through, otherwise unfortunately this information does you and everyone else absolutely no good. Though I do feel for you, and the rest of us that got hit.