• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Trying to level up and keep running into problems need some help

Discussion in 'Rebornbuddy Forum' started by braydead, Sep 22, 2014.

1. braydead

braydead New Member

Hello, i've been trying to run the bot without baby sitting but the only thing thats been successful without my constant attention is a grind profile.

If i use an orderbot either it runs through bad areas and dies, ends up in a fate location and dies or something else, so far the only profiles i can get to work ok are my own grind profiles.

If i try using the fatebot either im stuck AFK at the ather waiting for a fate to pop or it just can't survive a fate, i'm in a high pop server but no one really runs fates enough here. The bot just ends up dying to all fates unless i really out level them by 10+ levels, am i doing something wrong?

Even when i do manage to get it to work hardly any fates pop and just seems to spend 90% of the time waiting (this of course isn't a bot problem, but more of how have people managed to level using the bot)

I did some quick exp per 10min tests from just pure mob grinding and i was getting around 4k per 10 minutes, i didn't have to baby sit and can just run it until i needed to repair. I feel like i'm missing out on huge amounts of exp and just wondering if i'm doing something wrong, can anyone point me in the right direction and explain how you have leveled. Fates are good exp but just constant dying and if i black list the fates i die at, i end up with very few to actually do.

I feel as though i'm missing something, any advice would be helpful.

2. Wheredidigo

Wheredidigo Community Developer

Some questions that will help us help you:

1. What Combat Routine are you using?
      2. What Class are you trying to level?
      3. Are you using your Chocobo as a personal healer(If you're not playing a healer yourself...you should use your Chocobo as a healer).
      4. What areas are you trying to use the FateBot in?
      5. Have you tried out the 1-50 Grinding Profile?(I've tested a lot of this myself and have had some good success with it)

3. braydead

braydead New Member

1. What Combat Routine are you using?
      Kupo as i've tried magitek and just seems to work for 10minutes then stand there.
      2. What Class are you trying to level?
      lancer, currently level 31
      3. Are you using your Chocobo as a personal healer(If you're not playing a healer yourself...you should use your Chocobo as a healer).
      No, i didn't realise it healed enough?
      4. What areas are you trying to use the FateBot in?
      i've tried quiet a few, aleport, wineport, forgotten springs, costa del sol and little ale mhigo
      5. Have you tried out the 1-50 Grinding Profile?(I've tested a lot of this myself and have had some good success with it)
      Have been using this but i found it runs through some areas and dies during an area change, also found it to be less effective grinding certain monsters than my own profiles (such as at level 12, its beeter to grind roselets than kill diremites) i was using it more as a guide where i should be and then creating my own profile once i found a decent spot to grind.

4. nesarthin

nesarthin Member

If you have any Ideas or improvements for the 1-50 Profile Please let me know and i'll Make changes. I'd like to have it be as efficient as possible for a Grind Profile :)

5. Wheredidigo

Wheredidigo Community Developer

1. Try using Magitek again. Make sure that you go to the last few pages and work your way backwards to find where to find the most updated file. Exmortem is no longer supporting Magitek, but a couple of other developers have picked it up. You will have a lot more success with Magitek than Kupo.
      2. If you do decide to try Magitek again, make sure that you uncheck the "Use Food" option as that will break the lancer/Dragoon class.
      3. Chocobo Healing is awesome for DPS classes that don't also have a heal. I don't know if you already have your chocobo spec'd into something else, but you should definitely start using your Chocobo as a "pocket healer". By just doing this change, I was able to lvl my DPS classes ALOT easier.
      4. At lvl 31, your best bet is probably to use Fate Bot in Cost Del Sol. Make sure you are configuring the settings of FateBot as there are a couple Boss Fates in there that you probably want to blacklist. I also recommend staying in Costa Del Sol until around lvl 35 and then moving over to Coerthas. From there it just depends on your server. My server is pretty empty at the Cereleum Processing Plant....so I usually do my lvling from 35-50 all in Coerthas.
      5. See the post above mine. If you have suggestions for better grind spots, please let nesarthin know so he can adjust the profile as needed.

6. braydead

braydead New Member

Thanks for all the help, i didn't realise magitek was picked up by other devs.

Just got my chocobo and set it to healer, i feel like a right idiot for not getting it soon as i hit 30 (this is fresh character)

I was making mental notes to try improve the grind profile but most of what i had i've forgotten, i have written my grind spots though and i'll go through them at some point and see if they can help improve the profile. One big thing i did notice though is the profile does go into few FATES and ends up dying. I will at some point go through my profiles and try remember all the things i came across and list them.

Thanks again was a huge help, gunna try magitek and try costa del!