• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • TuanHA Paladin - The Ultimate Experience

Discussion in 'Archives' started by tuanha, Nov 16, 2012.

1. TheHammer

TheHammer New Member

Auto-Target is working flawless for me. Not switching targets with Enyo. Except when there is a lot of people targeting the same mob (it scans for it).

2. Zelgius

Zelgius New Member

But as a tank, this is a problem. Even if everyone else is targeting X, I may need to target Y, whether to taunt it, or to move it somewhere. There are countless reasons. I guess I can accept just turning off auto-target when I'm tanking. I'm just saying that it would have been a nice-to-have. I guess I just don't see the value in having the bot assume you are targeting the wrong thing, based solely on what other people are targeting.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
    3. Medivh

Medivh New Member

It seems that Hand of Sacrifice will consistently cast the spell twice on the same target. Which wastes a good charge of it. I use clemency of course.

Logs of my Sunday raid attached.

Attached Files:

4. feskins

feskins Member

Tested the Latest update Honorbuddy did a fresh clean install and tested in Battleground Bot did not attack! I had to switch to singular and Lazyraider again. Any fix?

5. Zelgius

Zelgius New Member

It will also use rebuke and arcane torrent (blood elf racial) to interrupt the same spell :(

6. TheHammer

TheHammer New Member

As a tank, you should not use Auto-Target.

7. Mooses

Mooses New Member

Would it be possible to add an option for the "Eternal Flame Blanket" to choose who it blankets? For example, I would like it to only cast it on myself and the tanks, but when it goes in to "blanket mode" it casts it on anyone, seemingly randomly. Other than that it's working great. I am using the paid version.

8. Zelgius

Zelgius New Member

Alright. So for this routine (and only this routine), I will keep auto target off when tanking.

9. Ksexasiaris

Ksexasiaris Member

So when using TuanHa you dont have the option "Auto-Beacon" enabled? Do you mind share settings for when you use TuanHa?

10. spam8885

spam8885 New Member

Hi,

After plenty of time of testing the current updates and multiple ranked fights I have to say that this is the best Holy routine available right now!

However I have some troubles:

• Lawful Words (2pc Set Bonus from T17)
        The buff we get is "Lawful Words" Lawful Words - Spell - World of Warcraft.
        And I know you said you fixed this and we all thought it is working now, but the buff expires before the routine casts the free Eternal Flame.

• **UPDATE** 4pc Set Bonus has the same problems
        I managed to get my hands on the 4pc set bonus, I will upload a log as soon as I get to raiding again
      I can provide you the Log from Honorbuddy and I can also provide you the log from Warcraft Logs via PM or Skype.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    11. sean3010

sean3010 New Member

Hey,

After patch 6.1 and the buff to empowered seals I decided to give it a try. After testing it out on the dummy I noticed that it wasn't keeping 100% uptime on Liadrin's Righteousness and Maraad's Truth buffs. Since keeping both of them up 100% of the time is what is ideal I just wanted to let you know. I will attach a log also. Thanks for the hard work. You're routine has been awesome thus far, keep it up.

Attached Files:

12. Deathsmind

Deathsmind Member

As a tank using any profile you should never have auto target, dps can benefit from it, tanks can not. You need to learn what target you should have targeted at all times.

13. Zelgius

Zelgius New Member

Thanks, I appreciate the help you're offering for me to become a better tank. Unfortunately, I'm afraid you took my post out of context and did not see the many other back-and-forth posts.

I am not proposing that the routine know what I should target and do it for me. I am proposing that when I do not have a target, and I am in combat, "auto target" should automatically and instantly target the next closest thing to me within a certain range. This would shave a few fractions of a second off me tab targeting or clicking the nameplate of the next target I want to attack, and in turn, improve my DPS.

This is how every other routine works. If I manually select a different target, it should keep it. It should not choose to untarget what I targeted and target something else. Whether I'm a tank, DPS, or healer, if I am using a non-afk botbase, and I target something, it should keep it. There is no reason that "most people are targeting this other mob" should switch your targets for you on a non-afk botbase.

I've given up trying to get the logic of auto target changed, but if people like you continue to respond to my posts then I feel compelled to set the record straight on what my actual request is. I don't think it is unreasonable.

14. Deathsmind

Deathsmind Member

Wow already does that. If you have nothing targeted, which should almost be never, and you are hit you automatically target it. or you can just hit tab.

15. Zelgius

Zelgius New Member

You cannot imagine a situation in a raid where nothing is hitting you? Perhaps my examples are just poor?

How about DPSing in proving grounds. Nothing is hitting you in there, so you aren't going to target-back anything. As DPS, or as Tank, you have to tab target or click the name plate of what you want to hit, every time something dies. On some waves, there are tons of small adds, so you have to do this alot. The delay of human interaction vs routine doing it for you adds up over time.

The other option is to use the auto-target, but then you run the risk of it randomly choosing a target for you, even if you manually target something else, it will keep locking you back onto what it thinks is best.

16. Deathsmind

Deathsmind Member

Human is better than robot. The top guilds getting the top 1, 2,3-1000 spot dont use bots. You are limiting yourself if you cant hit tab or click on a nameplate.

17. Zelgius

Zelgius New Member

That is not an argument I expected to see in an honorbuddy combat routine thread. This exchange is over.

18. Deathsmind

Deathsmind Member

Tanking is not as easy as dps or healing. If you cant perform then change specs.

19. Zelgius

Zelgius New Member

My 99% parses seem to indicate I can keep my current spec.
      This isn't something I need. It was a proposed improvement.
      I thought that's what this thread was for, but I guess you have other plans for it.

20. Deathsmind

Deathsmind Member

The program isnt going to wipe your ass for you. Somethings you need to learn and do on your own. You will always fall short if you are relying heavily on the bot. There is a reason why even when the bot is down I can still keep up and for certain things outperform. Lets take Oregorger for instance, the bot doesnt know when the group is about to get shit on from acid torrent, if you dont react you can wipe the raid on an easy mechanic, one shotted from your third stack of gruuls slice, hundreds of instances where you need to react before the bot. If you are not doing these things you lose.

You are wanting to have the bot decide for you, as a tank you can not do that.