• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • updating required for outdated features

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Senpaii, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Senpaii

Senpaii Member

Couple things I noticed about the bot that are counterproductive to botting productively and should be fixed;
      PGO updated.. a little less than 2 days later the bot was taken offline to wait for a bot update. first up, the damage has been done at this point so taking the bot offline is more of a hindrance than a help. If I want to keep botting (and I do) I should be able to. The ban system has changed anyway where 99 times out of 100 you regain access to the account in a couple weeks anyway. I suggest the forced stop be removed and replaced with a simple popup warning message on app start that says 'potentially unsafe to bot due to update', thereby letting people decide for themselves whether or not they want to continue instead of waiting for your programmers to (belatedly) update the bot to use again. [e\ I suppose I should also mention I'm still running the old version of PGO on my phone.. so the old API is still valid to some extent and I should still be botting]
      Second thing I noticed is that horribly frustrating 'pokefarmer stops from now on to prevent yourself getting banned'... this feature is not only inaccurate (long botting sessions don't equal a ban anymore, merely the unlikely but occasional suspension), but if you're like me and you rotate through 43 different pokemon go accounts, this leaves you with the occasional account that stops after 10 minutes and ruins your afternoon or overnight run. I was told the way around this was to create a PF folder for every account. This was before mentioning that I had 3 dozen+ accounts I run, at which point I was referred to the requests subforum.
      With the recent reformation in bans (generally) no longer being permanent and merely 2-4 week suspensions, part of the anti-ban system you have in place is outdated and really needs to be updated by your programmers to reflect the current system. We should be able to bot regardless of API status or the length of time the bot's been running, merely warned and allowed to proceed. If I can click the 'I don't care' button for botting too long there should be an 'I don't care' button for API updates as well. I was able to bot on te outdated api for a couple days after all. Last bot I was using did not have these restrictions and I botted straight through their warnings while waiting for their updates - I never had an issue.
      Thanks for your time and I look forward to an improved bot.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017