• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Whale Shark achiev: simple kiting plugin working in the water

Discussion in 'Achievements' started by Prostak, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Prostak

Prostak Member

This, very primitive WhaleShark addon helped me to kill a Whale Shark - NPC - World of Warcraft in Vashjir to get From Hell's Heart I Stab at Thee - Achievement - World of Warcraft

The only thing it does, it keeps you away but not too far away from the target at a range between 20 - 25 of target.BoundingRadius which is 40 for the Shark and 0 (I believe) for all us petty mortals. In other words, it will keep you at range 60 - 65 away from the Shark and 20 - 25 away from other players and NPCs - anything you target will be followed, but not too closely. And it can do this in the water - essential feature, since it is using CTM navigation.

How to use.
      1. Create a folder name WhaleShark in Plugins folder of your HB installation.
      2. Put the attached WhaleShark.cs file there.
      3. Restart HB.
      4. Press Plugins config button, check Enabled near WhaleShark.
      5. Start a Combat bot.
      6. Practice by selecting targets (better done at your Garrison where nobody can see your funny behavior). The most funny results are with NPCs moving towards you. Practice disabling addon by targeting / untargeting instead of enabling / disabling the addon. But it's up to you.
      7. Go to Vash'jir, find yourself a Shark, enable addon, target the Shark. Your toon will move towards even the distant Shark as soon as you target it.
      8. Do not let yourself immediately in the battle. Untarget the Shark, level with it horizontally (HB had problems using CTM to move vertically, and anyway you have nowhere to run in that direction: there's nothing but deadly air up there).
      9. Again: approach the Shark at the same (approximately) depth, from the side where you (actually - your plugin) will be able to kite to without running into obstacles. I have copied some obstacle-avoiding code but with CTM navigation a click at the obstacle may get you trapped.
      10. Attack! Be prepared to use range, instant abilities (your CC will probably want to use longer spells, and longer spells will be aborted by kiting).

Let me know how it went.
      -----------------------------
      Other work:
      Alliance Garrison automation: https://www.thebuddyforum.com/honor...iles/farming/191666-garrison-chores-mine.html
      Sunsong Ranch Industrial Strength Tilling: https://www.thebuddyforum.com/honor...ndustrial-strength-tilling-sunsong-ranch.html

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
    2. Ghiost

Ghiost New Member

Worked perfectly - thank you =)