• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • WoW Window Focus

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by papagal, Nov 18, 2016.

1. papagal

papagal Member

This is a question for those with knowledge of windows development. Does an application know if it has "focus" when running? For example, can WoW know if it has window focus? And if so, how difficult would it be for blizzard to report when wow doesn't have focus yet the character is actively played? They wouldn't even need to worry about the different tripwire measures and such if that's possible.

Just a thought.

2. Jiniix

Jiniix Member

I keep this in mind when I bot. I just use HBRelog to fix WoW to a location, and I once used a simple mouseclicker to click the WoW window once in a while.
      Stopped doing after first 2015 banwave, since I only suicide botted from then on.

3. Radonic

Radonic New Member

A windows application may know if it has focus or not. It would be stupid to make a OS without make it able for the application developers to be able to get the window state.

4. Jiniix

Jiniix Member

It's only a question of whether Blizzard checks it, yeah.

5. fightcancer

fightcancer New Member

Respectfully, it's nothing to worry about.

Yes, WoW knows if it has focus. It has the feature in the Audio settings to turn sound on/off if the depending on whether the window has focus. I think it's called "Background" or some such.

Blizzard has known for years that people regularly play WoW w/o focus. It's called dualboxing or multiboxing. A human w/special software sends the exact same keystrokes and mouse movements, clicks to multiple WoW windows--only one of them having focus at any given time. (Blizz mods have said repeatedly in print that multiboxing is sanctioned, despite frequent community complaints.) There may be other legit means of playing WoW w/o focus too.

So yes, Blizzard can detect, and no, they don't care if you play WoW w/o focus.

6. Coupons

Coupons New Member

Honestly ever since days of glider I botted with world of warcraft in the background and i never got banned until november 10 of this year.

My theory is that blizzard "knows" or suspects every botter who does it, and bans them cyclically when prices are too low or there are too many complaints about bots.

7. keebler

keebler Member

I agree with you about the bans/suspensions, Blizzard's detection software is to complex to detect it all, and Blizzard also know that botters will most likely buy a new account when they get suspended/banned. So in order to boost their numbers they are going to do mass suspensions/bans and from that maybe get 50% of those banned account back through new account making a large amount of revenue. And at $70 US that could add up fast, like $700K per 10k new accounts. so all you that went and got new account you just supplied Blizzards Warden programmers with a nice Christmas Bonus.