• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • x64 Version of HB

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Support' started by bp423, Sep 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Myriddan

Myriddan Member

Why would i troll here idiot and as for the 10 posts i had alot more but my username and wow username were the same so i had a mod delete my account and made anew awhile back, and so hostile damn get off the rag. why would i lie or try to troll in this type of forum environment truly shows your character you're a Fool.

2. BotOperator

BotOperator Well-Known Member

Everyone please stay on the topic and do not become personal.
      Chinajade gave a statement and that's it.
      You might discuss the Pro's and Con's and your opinion might be different but you heard the reasons why we're currently not developing a 64bit version.
      Like it or not, that's how it is.

Now creating fear in the community that not having a 64Bit is a good way to get banned is absolutely nonsense.

3. Eliitti

Eliitti Member

I was pretty sure that there wouldn't be more danger in not having a 64bit version of HB but its good to see a Administrator confirm it.

4. suuzzee

suuzzee New Member

You really think computer geeks only have one OS and one boot drive?? a true geek has every flavour or every current OS going! ....... looking into my top draw, boy i'm such a GEEK!

5. gregorio

gregorio New Member

however, I think the team of HB could support 64bit and 32bit abandon I think we bought a bot for world of warcraft
      not the other way so I think the team should follow hb world of warcraft and not the other

6. GIVEMEANAME

GIVEMEANAME Active Member

you really need to learn english or google translate;

hb wont support 64bit, how many times have the devs got to repeat this ?

7. gregorio

gregorio New Member

you use google translator
      I'm not English
      you are rude

8. killerchick24

killerchick24 New Member

Sure it would take time and effort to rewrite the programming but we PAID them, its not like HB is a free program. I would not mind waiting a few weeks for a good and fully updated version. I would not mind paying a few more $ to get it either...Its going to be inevitable anyway, so why not now?

9. gregorio

gregorio New Member

I agree

10. foam_follower

foam_follower Member

11. wearloga

wearloga New Member

I would like to thank the dev's for putting forward some useful and to the point issue. There is one thing about which I haven't heard a lot yet. And that is the posibility of Blizz detecting a x86 client on a x64 machine. As has been said: there is no other reason then botting to do that. I, at least, can not conceive any other reason to go through the trouble. If Blizz is indeed able to see if someone is not running a client in relation to their OS, we could be sitting ducks.

While I agree that we are paying customers and should have at least some leverage, I have to say that we are not subscribers. If I choose to quit HB that will only be one less person using their server, I've already paid.
      That being said, it might be worth it if Bossland would take a look at what it would cost to build and maintain a 64 bit client. Maybe then we could have a discussion about what it would cost us users and if we would agree with that cost. I, and many others, are surly willing to pay. But I think that's something for after the stable release of the updated HB.

12. geemonty

geemonty New Member

Crossing my fingers for x69 HB by end of year.

I have complete faith in the development team. Make it happen!

13. Nokas123

Nokas123 New Member

Although we can only speculate on why Blizzard made the move to scan for 64bit-ability and force clients to run them with this patch.

The argument that they did this to save costs on developing 2 versions, or to take a step in that direction - is equally plausible to - the fact that Blizzard have sued Bossland mutliple times, and 100% guaruanteed they know of Bossland products and how they work, which means this cheap and quick type of change to force 64bit version could easily be in addition to everything else a poke in Bosslands eye.

I know it is in Bosslands best interest, not to have panick like this developing, and no one can really know.

But dont come here and tell me that in the higher echelons of Activison/Blizzard they dont know whats going on. They are always looking to effectivize business, cutting cost, increasing revenue. And its 100% some lawyer or marketing ppl know about HB, and know that it is 32bit only and pobably some of its other weaknesses.
      What I am trying to say is that, this Forcing-to-64bit is positive for Blizzards own revenues, if they are looking to focus on 1 platform only -BUT - this mess affecting 32bit bots are also positive for them, if it means some will stop botting, or that Bossland have to spend resources to develop 64bit.

However, my last point is that I truly believe that even so this is not a type of move to go after botters from Blizzard. I just find it very likely that they did this for their own business reasons + they know that it would create fuss for the general player who uses HB and similiar bots, which I guess is just a nice Bonus for them :)

I think its in Bosslands best interest to look into 64bit, for the longevity of HBs success and also to keep up with modern age xD

I for one will not use HB at the moment. I just feel that tampering with local gamefiles, like renaming moves wow-64.exe out is just an added risk to detection in addition to actually using the bot itself to and its risk.

Who knows if Blizzard will now intentionally scan and register local files and who overrides 64bit. I mean of all the different search algorithms Warden etc has this would be a simple thing to implement.
      At this early stage tho, a lot of ppl would still be using 32.bit, many non-botters, but in the end 32bit clients might be flagged suspicious since it becomes more and more uncommon

14. Xcesius

Xcesius Community Developer

Please put your toil-hat back on...

15. Deze

Deze New Member

When i do this, starting wow in 32-bit all the colors on my computer gets messed up.. looks like my graphic card have crashed or something like that, help me?

16. CodenameG

CodenameG New Member

if you need help make your own thread.

thread closed, necro bump.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.